Cameroon vs Egypt
Africa Cup of Nations
Date: Thursday, 3 February 2022
Kick-off at 19:00 UK/ 20:00 CET
Venue: Stade d’Olembé.
Egypt, led by the inspirational Mohammed Salah seems to be kicking into action, just as the tournament has entered its climatic stages. They had a slow start in the group stages, and resembled anything but a favorite then.
However, they have shown the capability to rise to the occasion, and now they are just two wins away from glory.
However, Cameroon stands in their way at this penultimate juncture. They have been in stupendous form right from the get-go, and have been scoring goals in plenty.
Their striker Vincent Aboubakar has been one of the very best players in the entire competition, and he has also scored the most number of goals so far – thus leading the race for Golden Boot.
As these two determined squads take on each other this Thursday, expect an intense fixture. There is all probability that the game will extend into extra time, and chances are also high that both teams will find the back of the net at least once.
Cameroon vs Egypt Head-to-head (h2h)
- Six of the past seven encounters had goals from both teams.
- Five of the previous seven clashes had three or more goals.
- The latest match-up had ended in a 1-2 win for Cameroon.
- And just before that, the Egyptians had registered a 2-1 victory.
Cameroon vs Egypt Prediction & Analysis
Cameroon had recorded a 0-2 win against Gambia in the Quarter Final. They had also won eight of their past nine games, and they had scored two or more goals in four of the last five matches.
They are ranked 50th in the world, and they are one of the contenders to lift the Cup of Nations. Most importantly, they are the host nation.
On the other hand, the Egyptians registered a 2-1 win in extra time, against the Moroccans in the Quarter. They have also lost just twice in the past 26 fixtures, and they are also ranked five spots ahead in the FIFA list, than their counterparts for the day.
Finally, majority of h2h meetings over the years have seen either team slotting in goals.
As these two take on each other this Thursday, anticipate both to find the back of the net at least once. However, either squad will be determined to get to the final, and will be careful as well as adamant. There is very high chance that the game will go into extra time, and then into penalties.
Key Stats for Betting
- Cameroon were the champions of Group A, and they have so far had a perfect winning record in the tournament, barring a draw in group stages.
- They have scored two or more goals in all but one fixture so far this competition.
- Meanwhile, Mohammed Salah slotted in the winning spot-kick in the Round of 16 for Egypt, and the Liverpool striker scored once, and assisted once in the 2-1 win against Morocco in the Quarters.