Burnley vs Tottenham Hotspur
England – Premier League
Date: Wednesday, 23 February 2022
Kick-off at 19:30 UK/ 20:30 CET
Venue: Turf Moor.
Spurs were going through a poor streak of performances for quite some time, and fans were getting worried. However, they just delivered a stupendous game, which frankly has silenced all of their critics – at least for the time being.
At the Etihad, they defeated toppers and defending champions Manchester City, and that too by scoring three goals against them.
The team will now desperately try to keep this momentum going on.
They are pitted against one of the worst teams in the league this Wednesday. Burnley are placed 19th in a table of 20, and so far they have registered just two wins this campaign. They also have one of the worst offenses in the entire English top flight, and importantly, they have a poor h2h record against this rival over the years.
By the looks of things, expect a win for Tottenham this Wednesday.
Burnley vs Tottenham Head-to-head (h2h)
- The latest clash had ended in a 0-1 win for Tottenham.
- They had won four of the past five meetings.
- Since 2010, only once have the hosts won at this venue.
- It’s been seven years since the home team has kept a clean sheet at this ground.
Burnley vs Tottenham Prediction & Analysis
Burnley did win 0-3 on the road the last match-day, against Brighton. But it was only their second win in the competition, and before that they were on a 13-game winless run. Moreover, they have also registered a single league win at this venue since February of 2021.
On the other hand, not only did Tottenham registered a 2-3 win on the road the last game week against Manchester City – but they had also recorded a 2-3 win on the road against former champions Leicester three weeks back.
Moreover, Spurs are a contender to secure a top-four finish at the end of the campaign, and after their victory against the toppers, they will be eager to keep this streak going on.
Count on them to deliver a confidence-boosting win this Wednesday against their relegation-threatened hosts.
Key Stats for Betting
- Only Norwich have scored fewer goals than Burnley in the whole campaign.
- Burnley have won just twice at home in the past 12-month period, and one of these losses had come against a team from the lower division.
- Meanwhile, three of the previous four games of Spurs had four or more goals.