Burkina Faso vs Cameroon
Africa – Cup of Nations – 3rd Place Final
Date: Saturday, 5 February 2022
Kick-off at 19:00 UK/ 20:00 CET
Venue: Stade Ahmadou Ahidjo.
Both these teams will be disappointed to not have made it to the summit clash, and now have to go through the ordeal of the third-place match – which to this day baffles most pundits and fans. Seriously, what’s the point of such a game?
Anyhow, the two losing semifinalists will take on each other this weekend, and right away we can expect the teams to relax a bit, and take some risks throughout the game. There is nothing much to lose, and something to gain.
It deserves to be mentioned that both Burkina Faso and Cameroon were in the same group in the first stage of the tournament, and the latter had become group champions.
The Cameroonians are ranked higher by FIFA, and they also have a better h2h record against this opponent over the years. Moreover, they had also managed to secure a win in the Group Stage against this foe.
By the looks of things, expect a win for Cameroon at the Stade Ahmadou Ahidjo this Saturday.
Burkina Faso vs Cameroon Head-to-head (h2h)
- The latest meeting had ended in a 2-1 win for the Cameroonians.
- They have lost just once against this rival in the past 25 years, and that too in a friendly.
- Only once have they failed to score against them all through this period.
Burkina Faso vs Cameroon Prediction & Analysis
Burkina Faso lost 1-3 against Senegal in the semis, and all through the tournament they had managed a total of just two wins in regular time.
On the other hand, Cameroon had to bow out of the semis against Egypt, after making it till the penalties. They had also been group champions earlier in the campaign, and in the process they had defeated this same opponent – Burkina Faso.
Going on, the Cameroonians will obviously be disappointed to have lost in such an unfortunate manner, and they definitely will try to make amends. Moreover, they also have a great h2h record against this rival over the years.
Considering all these observations, expect a win for them this Saturday, thus securing the third place.
Key Stats for Betting
- Cameroon are ranked 50th in the world, while their counterparts are placed 60th in the list.
- Technically, the Cameroonians are unbeaten so far in the tournament, as they exited the semifinals after penalties.
- Meanwhile, Burkina Faso had lost their opener in the tournament, and they were also convincingly beaten in the semis.