Brighton vs Tottenham
England – Premier League
Date: Wednesday, 16 March 2022
Kick-off at 19:30 UK/ 20:30 CET
Venue: Amex Stadium.
Spurs had a massive setback this weekend, which dented their chances of making it to the Champions League next season. They had a chance to upset Manchester United at the Old Trafford in their previous fixture, and they totally threw it away.
As of now, Tottenham are placed eighth in the table, and they need a surplus of at least three points to climb level with the sixth-placed squad. A sixth-place finish would enable the team to take part in the Conference League.
As things stand, a win is a must for the team. And it’s their luck that they are pitted against the struggling Brighton – who are on a long losing streak.
This team is one of the worst at home all through the English top flight, and they also have a poor h2h record against this rival over the years.
By the looks of things, expect a win for the determined Tottenham this Wednesday.
Brighton vs Tottenham Head-to-head (h2h)
- The latest clash had ended in a 3-1 win for Tottenham.
- They had won three of the past four encounters.
- Four of the previous five meetings had three or more goals.
- Five of the past eight match-ups had goals from both teams.
Brighton vs Tottenham Prediction & Analysis
Brighton lost 0-2 on the road the last match-day, against Liverpool. They are also on a five-match losing streak, and they were winless in nine of their past ten fixtures.
Going on, they are on a three-game losing streak, and had let in a total of seven goals in the process.
On the other hand, Tottenham lost 3-2 on the road the past game week. But it was at the Old Trafford, against Manchester United. Going on, they had won three of their last six overall fixtures, and they had also slotted in two or more goals in four of their past six match-ups.
Taking into account these observations, expect a win for the Spurs, who are desperately going after a top-tier finish. Moreover, anticipate goals in plenty as well, owing to the poor defense of Brighton.
Key Stats for Betting
- Brighton are one of the only teams along with the 20th placed Norwich, to have lost their last five league games in a row.
- They had conceded two or more goals in their past five fixtures on the trot.
- Meanwhile, the Spurs had scored a total of 11 goals from their preceding three PL match-ups.