Brighton vs Manchester City
England – Premier League
Date: Saturday, 23 October 2021
Kick-off at 17:30 UK/ 18:30 CET
Venue: Amex Stadium.
Brighton have really impressed so far this campaign, but their number might be up this weekend, considering they are taking on the all-conquering Pep Guardiola’s well-oiled Manchester City. The defending champions are just too much to handle, and expect them to secure a routine win at the Amex Stadium.
Brighton vs Manchester City Head-to-head
- Guardiola’s men had won eight of the last nine meetings.
- They had scored two or more goals in eight of the preceding ten clashes.
- Only once have they lost at this venue in the past two decades.
- The visitors had scored a total of 15 goals from the former five encounters at this ground.
Brighton vs Manchester City Prediction & Analysis
Pep’s men have been on an amazing streak, so much so that even without a striker they are slotting in goals at will. They had recorded a 2-0 win at home against Burnley the last game week in the league, and followed it up with a 1-5 win in the Champions League, against Club Brugge.
They have scored two or more goals in seven of their former eleven fixtures, and their only defeat in over more than two months had come against PSG.
On the other hand, Brighton were held to a goalless draw the last game week by the dead-last placed Norwich. It was also their third straight draw in the PL, and they seem to be slowing down after making a great start to their campaign.
On top of that, they also have an inferior h2h record against this rival over the years, and have conceded in plenty in the process.
For the reasons, expect a convincing win for Manchester City this weekend.
Key Stats for Betting
- The Citizens have still lost just once all through this league campaign – when they were defeated on the opening match-day by the Spurs.
- Since then they have gone on a seven-fixture unbeaten streak in the PL, and five of these were wins. They had also scored the most number of goals in the competition barring Liverpool, and have conceded the least.
- Meanwhile, only six teams have scored fewer goals than Brighton in the English top flight, and five of these teams are placed 15th or lower in the table.
- They have also won just twice at home in league matches in 2021-22, and one of these wins had come against the newly-promoted Watford