Brighton vs Chelsea
England – Premier League
Date: Tuesday, 18 January 2022
Kick-off at 20:00 UK/ 21:00 CET
Venue: Amex Stadium.
Reigning European champions Chelsea are not having a great time at the moment. They are dropping points considerably, and just the last match-day, they lost to toppers Manchester City, which has affected their title hopes quite a bit.
Currently the Blues are placed third in the table, with the fourth-placed West Ham catching up fast. Thomas Tuchel’s men need to regroup, and get back into their winning track soon.
With that in mind, their upcoming encounter is an opportunity that cannot be allowed to pass. They are pitted against the inconsistent Brighton, who are also struggling with their defense.
And with the team having a poor h2h record as well against the European title-holders, expect a dominant and determined performance from Chelsea this Tuesday.
Brighton vs Chelsea Head-to-head (h2h)
- The Blues have a 100% unbeaten record against this foe in the 21st century.
- In fact, they have a 100% winning record, barring just three draws.
- The latest meeting at this stadium had ended in a 1-3 win for the guests.
- The guests had scored two or more goals in all but one clash at this ground since 2000.
Brighton vs Chelsea Prediction & Analysis
Brighton were held to a 1-1 draw the last match-day, by Crystal Palace. They were also winless in 15 of their past 17 games, and they had even failed to score in two of their former four appearances at home.
On the other hand, the Blues did lose 1-0 on the road the past game week. But it was against Manchester City, and also it was their loss in over 13 games. In fact, they were unbeaten in 23 of their preceding 15 fixtures, and they had also won eight of their past twelve road trips.
Moreover, Tuchel’s men also have a dominant h2h record against this foe over the years, and have scored in plenty in the process as well. Likely, expect a win for Chelsea this Tuesday at the Amex Stadium.
Key Stats for Betting
- The Blues are placed third in the table, and have lost just thrice all through the campaign. Two of these losses had come against Manchester City.
- They had scored two or more goals in nine of their past fourteen games.
- Meanwhile, Brighton have a total of just two wins in the past 17 fixtures, and their only win at home since September had come against the recently-promoted Brentford