Brentford vs Wolves
England – Premier League
Date: Saturday, 22 January 2022
Kick-off at 15:00 UK/ 16:00 CET
Venue: Brentford Community Stadium.
Wolves have been in great form lately, and they are also chasing a spot in the top-five as of now. They do have some ground to cover before they are able to be in hunt for a European ticket, but they are on the right course though.
Lately, their rare losses have come against some of the absolute best teams in the competition, and the remainder of their fixtures have been wins.
Meanwhile, Brentford are a recently-promoted squad, and the quality of their games has been a testament to this fact. They are dropping points in an alarming fashion, and they are also conceding goals in huge numbers.
On top of that, they also have an inferior h2h record in recent years.
Considering these observations, expect a win for Wolves this weekend on the road.
Brentford vs Wolves Head-to-head (h2h)
- Wolverhampton had won three of the past five clashes.
- They had scored two or more goals in three of their last five meetings.
- It’s been six years since the hosts have won at this venue.
- The guests had scored two or more goals in all but three match-ups at this ground, in the past three decades.
Brentford vs Wolves Prediction & Analysis
Brentford lost 1-3 at home the last match-day, against Manchester United. They had also lost six of their past eight fixtures, and they had remained unbeaten in 13 of their past 18 games.
Going on, they have also kept a single clean sheet at home in league matches since August.
On the other hand, Wolves just registered a 3-1 win at home against Southampton. They are also on a three-game winning streak, and had a combined scorecard of 7-1 in the process.
Moreover, they have lost just thrice on the road all through this season, and two of these losses had come against recent champions Leicester, and Manchester City.
Taking into account these stats, expect a win for Wolves this weekend against Brentford.
Key Stats for Betting
- Wolves have been unbeaten in the past five match-days in the league, barring their loss against defending champions Manchester City. Note that they have also conceded a total of just one goal through this stretch.
- They had scored three or more goals in their past two fixtures, and had kept clean sheets in seven of their past ten games.
- Meanwhile, Brentford are on a three-game losing streak, and they had let in a total of ten goals in the process.