Borussia Dortmund return to Bundesliga action when they host struggling Cologne at Signal Iduna Park at 2.30pm on Saturday.
Second-placed Dortmund come into the league game on the back of an impressive 3-0 win over Club Brugge which put the German side on the brink of qualification for the last 16 of the Champions League.
They could hardly ask for a better game to keep pace with leaders Bayern Munich this weekend. Cologne are 17th in the table, without a win and are only kept off the bottom by Schalke’s terrible goal difference.
Three points from eight games represents Cologne’s second-worst start to a Bundesliga season in the club’s history.
Dortmund also happen to be unbeaten in their last 20 Bundesliga home games against the Billy Goats, taking 16 wins and four draws against them to record their longest undefeated run at home against any side in the club’s Bundesliga history.
Where to watch Borussia Dortmund vs Cologne on TV:
- UK: BT Sport ESPN
- US: ESPN +
Where to live stream Borussia Dortmund vs Cologne:
UK: Bet365* are streaming this match live for account holders. Those without a Bet365 account already who are interested in streaming Borussia Dortmund vs Cologne live can take advantage of this service by following the simple steps below.
- Click on this link.
- ‘Join now’ and enter details.
- Log in and fund the new account.
- Pick the desired event from among the ‘live now’ or ‘schedule’ sections in Bet365’s ‘live streaming’ category.
*Geo restrictions apply, 18+ only, must have a funded account, BeGambleAware. All odds and offers within this article are accurate at the time of writing (15:30 on 27/11/2020)
Borussia Dortmund & Cologne’s previous line-ups:
- Borrusia Dortmund (vs Club Brugge): Burki; Meunier, Akanji, Hummels, Guerreiro; Bellingham, Delaney; Sancho, Reyna, Hazard; Haaland.
- Cologne (vs Union Berlin): Horn; Wolf, Mere, Czichos, Katterbach; Skhiri; Drexler, Duda, Oscan, Jakobs; Andersson.
Lucien Favre nearly has a full complement of players to pick from. Marcel Schmelzer is the only long-term absentee following knee surgery, but Favre may choose to rotate his players to keep them fresh.
Cologne are without striker Anthony Modeste (back), winger Florian Kainz (knee) and defender Jonas Hector (neck).
Player to watch:
- Borussia Dortmund: Who else but Erling Haaland? The 20-year-old striker is constantly chasing new records and he achieved his latest by scoring twice in the 3-0 win over Club Brugge in midweek, becoming the fastest player to reach 15 Champions League goals in just 12 games. The Norwegian will have fond memories of Cologne, having netted a brace in January to become the first player in Bundesliga history to score five goals in his first two games. Haaland currently trails Bayern Munich striker Robert Lewandowski by one goal in the race for the Bundesliga top scorer crown and a home match against winless Cologne seems like a good opportunity to boost his claim.
Bundesliga 2020/21 recent form:
- Borussia Dortmund: WLWWW
- Cologne: LDLDD