Bordeaux vs Marseille
France – Ligue 1
Date: Friday, 7 January 2022
Kick-off at 20:00 UK/ 21:00 CET
Venue: Matmut Atlantique.
Marseille have been one of the best in the French top flight this season, and they have a realistic chance of securing a top-two finish at the end of the campaign. They have a game in hand, and still are level on points with the second-placed Nice.
They are finding the back of the net at great consistency, and so far have had the best defense in the entire league.
Meanwhile, Bordeaux have been one of the weakest in the league. They are barely hanging above the relegation cut-off, and have managed a total of just two wins so far.
They have also conceded the most number of goals of all the teams in the competition, and have a poor h2h record against this foe over the years as well.
Taking into account these observations, expect a win for Marseille this Friday at the Matmut Atlantique.
Bordeaux vs Marseille Head-to-head (h2h)
- Marseille were unbeaten in 13 of the past 14 encounters.
- They had scored two or more goals in four of the past six meetings.
- In the past six-year period, the hosts have won just once at this venue.
- The latest meeting at this stadium had ended in a 0-0 draw.
Bordeaux vs Marseille Prediction & Analysis
Bordeaux lost 2-3 at home the last match-day, against Lille. They were winless in 19 of their past 23 overall fixtures, and they had conceded a total of six goals from their last two games.
Moreover, they have a single win at home all through this league campaign.
On the other hand, Marseille registered a 1-1 draw at home the past game week, against Reims. They are on a five-game unbeaten run, and four of these were wins.
They are also on a three-fixture winning streak on the road, and had scored a total of six goals in the process.
And on top of all that, they also have a great h2h record against this foe over the years.
For the reasons, expect a win for Marseille this Friday.
Key Stats for Betting
- Marseille are placed third in the table, and they have conceded the least number of goals of all the teams in the competition.
- They have lost just once so far on the road during their Ligue 1 run, and the defeat had come against defending champions Lille.
- Meanwhile, Bordeaux are placed 17th in a table of 20, and they have conceded the most number of goals in the Ligue 1.