Barcelona vs Alaves
Spain – La Liga
Date: Saturday, 30 October 2021
Kick-off at 20:00 UK/ 21:00 CET
Venue: Camp Nou.
Ronald Koeman has officially been sacked as Barca manager, and rumors are ripe about Xavi taking the job. This is the right time for the team to get back the fans’ trust. They are at home this weekend, and are pitted against the 16th placed Alaves, over whom they have a great h2h record.
Likely, expect a win for the Catalans this Saturday at the Nou Camp.
Barcelona vs Alaves Head-to-head
- The latest encounter had ended in a 5-1 win for the Catalans.
- They had won nine of the past ten meetings.
- Three of the former four clashes had five or more goals.
- The hosts have a 100% winning record here since 2000, barring a single meeting.
Barcelona vs Alaves Prediction & Analysis
Barca lost 1-0 on the road the last match-day, against Vallecano. And that was the final nail on the coffin for Koeman. Hours later the club confirmed that he was relieved of his duties
Xavi will most probably take the job now, but the immediate step for the squad now is to welcome him in the best way possible.
They are at home, and are taking on one of the worst teams in the competition.
Alaves might have won 1-0 at home the past game week, against Elche. But they had lost eight of their past eleven fixtures, and they had also lost four of their preceding five road trips.
On top of that, they also have a poor h2h record against this rival over the years.
And for all these reasons, expect a win for Barcelona this Saturday at their home.
However, their defense has not been great lately. They keep conceding goals, and that too against the easiest of attempts.
It’s highly unlikely that they are keeping a clean sheet this weekend. As such, expect a high-scoring affair this Saturday.
Key Stats for Betting
- Barca have lost just twice at home this whole season – once against Real Madrid, and once against Bayern Munich.
- Only twice have they failed to find the back of the net at home all through 2021 – against Bayern, and Atletico Madrid.
- The Catalans have let in just five goals fewer than the dead-last placed Getafe.
- Alaves are placed 16th in the table, and only thrice have they won this league season. Two of these victories had come against teams placed 15th or below in the table.
- Alaves have a 100% losing record on the road, barring their match-up against Cadiz.