Aston Villa vs Arsenal
England – Premier League
Date: Saturday, 19 March 2022
Kick-off at 12:30 UK/ 13:30 CET
Venue: Villa Park.
The Gunners could be counted amongst the best teams in the English top flight at the moment. They are on a long winning streak, and are firmly in control of the fourth spot – which is essential for qualification to the next edition of the Champions League.
Moreover, after years of mediocre finishes in the Premier League, a top-four ending would be a matter of pride for a team that once used to rule England.
Meanwhile, Villa are oscillating between periods of struggle and form. After a series of three consecutive wins, they had lost the last match-day in the league. And it needs to be mentioned that the three wins had come against comparatively easier opponents.
Mikel Arteta’s men are no such squad. Expect a fierce encounter this Saturday, and expect Arsenal to have the edge as well.
Aston Villa vs Arsenal Head-to-head (h2h)
- The latest encounter had ended in a 3-1 win for the Gunners.
- They had recorded 12 of the past 16 overall wins.
- The visitors had registered wins in three of the last five clashes at this ground.
- Arteta’s men had scored two or more goals in three of the former five match-ups at this stadium.
Aston Villa vs Arsenal Prediction & Analysis
Villa lost 2-1 on the road the last match-day, against West Ham. They were also winless in eight of their past twelve overall games, and in the process they had even gone on a three-game losing streak.
Going on, they have won just once at home in the past four-month period, and just thrice since September of 2021.
On the other hand, Arteta’s men registered a dominant 2-0 win at home the past game week, against 2015-16 champions Leicester. They are also on a five-fixture winning streak, and they had slotted in a total of ten goals in the process.
Going on, they also have an impressive h2h record against this rival over the years.
Taking into account these observations, expect a win for Arsenal this Saturday at the Villa Park.
Key Stats for Betting
- The Gunners are one of the only three teams in the whole competition to have won the last five straight fixtures. Liverpool and Chelsea are the other two squads.
- Their latest loss in the PL had come on the first of January 2022, against defending champions Manchester City.
- Meanwhile, Villa have registered a single win at home since the first week of December.