Arsenal vs West Ham
England – Premier League
Date: Wednesday, 15 December 2021
Kick-off at 20:00 UK/ 21:00 CET
Venue: Emirates Stadium.
Both these teams have aspirations to finish in the top-four of the table, and have done an impressive job so far.
However, the problem is – the trio of Manchester City, Liverpool, and Chelsea show no indication of finishing below the podium positions. And realistically, teams hoping to qualify for the Champions League will have to fight it out for the fourth spot.
As such, this upcoming encounter between the fourth-placed West Ham and the sixth-placed Arsenal will be hugely important.
Expect a fierce encounter this Wednesday at the Emirates, and the anticipation is that goals will come from either side of the pitch.
Arsenal vs West Ham Head-to-head (h2h)
- The latest meeting had ended in a 3-3 draw.
- Three of the past four clashes had three or more goals.
- The hosts had scored two or more goals in seven of the last ten encounters at this venue.
- The last time these two locked horns at this ground, the hosts won 2-1.
Arsenal vs West Ham Prediction & Analysis
Arsenal recorded a 3-0 win at home the last match-day, against Southampton. This was a much-needed win for the team, as they had a tough schedule in recent weeks, which had caused them to drop some points.
Likely, they will be determined to keep going after a spot in the top-most tier. Do note that they are at home, where they have been in great form all through the campaign.
However, they are pitted against the fourth-placed West Ham, who have been delivering great performances week after week right from the start of the season.
They were held to a 0-0 draw on the road the past game week by Burnley. But they had recorded a 3-2 win against Chelsea the week before, and they have also lost just twice on the road since April.
And all along, they have been finding the back of the net with great consistency.
Considering these observations, expect a high-scoring affair this Wednesday at the Emirates.
Key Stats for Betting
- West Ham are placed fourth in the table, and only City, Chelsea, and Liverpool have scored more goals than them so far.
- They have lost just twice on the road till now, and the defeats had come against Wolves, and Manchester City.
- Meanwhile, the last three games of Gunners have had three or more goals, and at home, they had scored two or more goals in 12 of the preceding 16 appearances.
- Their only loss at home since April had come against reigning European champions Chelsea.