Arsenal vs Watford
England – Premier League
Date: Sunday, 7 November 2021
Kick-off at 14:00 UK/ 15:00 CET
Venue: Emirates Stadium.
It might be hard to believe, but the Gunners really have turned their season around. After a losing streak to start their campaign, they have now rose to take possession of the sixth spot.
And there is all probability for their impressive streak to continue as well. They are at home this weekend, and take on the struggling Watford, who were promoted to the top flight just at the end of the 2020-21.
Arsenal vs Watford Head-to-head
- The latest encounter had ended in a 4-1 win for the Gunners.
- They had won five of the past six clashes.
- They had scored a total of 15 goals from these six meetings.
- At this venue, the hosts are on a four-game winning streak.
- It’s been four years since the guests have recorded a win at this ground.
Arsenal vs Watford Prediction & Analysis
The Gunners recorded a confidence-boosting 0-2 win on the road the last match-day, against Leicester. They are also on a three-fixture winning run, and are on an impressive ten-game unbeaten run as well. And importantly, eight of these were wins.
Going on, they had also won six of their former seven appearances at home, and had slotted in a total of 18 goals in the process.
On the other hand, Watford lost 0-1 at home the past game week, against Southampton. They were also winless in 12 of their preceding 16 matches, and nine of these were losses
On top of that, they were also winless in seven of their past nine road trips, and six of these were defeats.
Taking into account these observations, as well as the h2h superiority of Arsenal, expect a win for them this weekend.
Key Stats for Betting
- The Gunners are one of only four teams in the entire league to stay unbeaten in the past five match-days.
- They have lost at home just once all through this campaign. The defeat had come against European champions Chelsea.
- They had scored a total of 13 goals from their former five appearances at home combined.
- Watford have a single win to their name in the past five games in the league, and a total of just three through this PL season.
- Barring just two wins (one of which had come against the dead-last placed Norwich), they have a 100% losing record on the road