Arsenal vs Liverpool
English Premier League
Date: Wednesday, 16 March 2022
Kick-off at 20:15 UK/ 21:15 CET
Venue: Emirates Stadium.
The Gunners are placed comfortably in the fourth position in the table, with a lead of one point over the fifth-placed Manchester United. And importantly, they have three games in hand that the Red Devils.
This is a massive opportunity for Mikel Arteta’s men to qualify for the Champions League, and considering the level of competition in the English top flight this season, this will be a huge confidence-booster.
However, Jurgen Klopp’s men might have a thing or two to say about that. They too are on a long winning streak like the Gunners, and are scoring goals in huge numbers. And the six-time European champions are desperate to go after toppers and reigning champions Manchester City.
As of now, the Reds need a surplus of just three points to climb level with the Citizens.
By the looks of things, both Gunners and the Reds need a win at any cost this Wednesday, and it’s anticipated that goals will come from either end of the pitch.
Arsenal vs Liverpool Head-to-head (h2h)
- Two of the former four clashes had three or more goals.
- The latest encounter had ended in a 0-2 win for the guests.
- Seven of the preceding ten meetings at this ground had goals from both teams.
- The past six overall wins at this stadium were evenly split into three each for either.
Arsenal vs Liverpool Prediction & Analysis
The Gunners recorded a 2-0 win at home the last match-day, against former champions Leicester. Of their total three losses in the past four-month period, two had come against Liverpool, and Manchester City.
On the other hand, Liverpool recorded a 0-2 win on the road the past game week, against Brighton. They had also won 13 of their past 14 fixtures, and they have lost just twice on the road all this season in all competitions.
Considering the respective objectives of these two in-form teams and the form of either offense, expect a high-scoring affair this Wednesday.
Key Stats for Betting
- The Reds, Gunners and Chelsea are the only team to have won the last five games in a row in the league.
- Arteta’s men had scored two or more goals in their past four fixtures on the trot.
- Meanwhile, Klopp’s men have lost just once in the whole of 2022. And this sole loss had come in the insignificant second leg of their Champions League Round of 16 tie. Despite the loss, the team managed to progress to the Quarter Finals.