Arsenal vs Leicester
England – Premier League
Date: Sunday, 13 March 2022
Kick-off at 16:30 UK/ 17:30 CET
Venue: Emirates Stadium.
The Gunners have been in the form of their lives lately. They have regained their favorite fourth spot, and with just a handful of games remaining in the season, the team will be adamant to hold on to this position.
However, the likes of Manchester United, West Ham, Tottenham etc. will be giving a tough race for them, and it’s important that Mikel Arteta’s men stay at the top of their game.
This weekend, they are at home, and are pitted against former champions Leicester. The Foxes might not be in the best of forms, but they still are a formidable opponent.
Likely, chances are high for goals to come from either end of the pitch.
Still, the momentum and the determination of the Gunners should prevail at the end – especially at their home, the Emirates Stadium.
Arsenal vs Leicester Head-to-head (h2h)
- The Gunners recorded a 0-2 win on the road in the latest clash.
- They had won three of the past four meetings.
- The guests had won eight of the last ten match-ups at this ground.
- Six of the past eight encounters at this stadium had goals from both teams.
Arsenal vs Leicester Prediction & Analysis
Arsenal won 2-3 on the road the last match-day, against Watford. They are also on a four-game winning streak, and they are on a five-fixture unbeaten run as well. Note that they had also scored a total of seven goals from their last three games.
At home, they had won 13 of their former 17 appearances, and had scored in plenty all along.
On the other hand, the Foxes did win 1-0 at home the past game week, against Leeds. But they were winless in 11 of their past 19 overall fixtures, and importantly, they had lost seven of their last nine road trips.
Considering these observations, and past h2h stats, expect a win for Arsenal.
However, a clean sheet looks unlikely for them, considering the pressure they are under, and also the determination of Leicester to go after a top-tier finish.
Key Stats for Betting
- Only City and Liverpool have posted more points at home than the Gunners in the whole English top flight this season.
- They have lost just twice at this stadium in the current edition of the PL. The defeats had come against reigning English champions Manchester City, and reigning European champions Chelsea.
- Meanwhile, Leicester have won just thrice on the road all through the 2021-22 edition of the Premier League.