Arsenal vs Leeds
England – Carabao Cup
Date: Tuesday, 26 October 2021
Kick-off at 19:45 UK/ 20:45 CET
Venue: Emirates Stadium.
No one expected the Gunners to overcome their problems so quickly. But here we are. They are on a roll, and especially so at home. And this Tuesday, against the struggling Leeds, they easily are expected to pick another win.
Arsenal vs Leeds Head-to-head
- The latest encounter had ended in a 4-2 win for Mikel Arteta’s men.
- They had won seven of the former nine meetings, and the last they lost against this opponent was back in 2003.
- Seveb of the preceding eleven clashes had three or more goals.
- Since 1994, the guests have managed to secure a single win at this ground.
- The hosts had scored two or more goals in nine of the former thirteen match-ups at this venue.
Arsenal vs Leeds Prediction & Analysis
The Gunners had recorded a comprehensive 3-0 win at home the last match-day in the competition, against Wimbledon.
They have been on a path of redemption after going on a dismal streak at the start of the season. Lately, they are doling out wins consistently, and especially at home, they are scoring in huge numbers.
Meanwhile, Leeds had to go through penalties to overcome Fulham (Championship side) in the previous round of the Carabao.
They have been on a poor run since the start of the season, and it seems they might be on course to get relegated at the end of the campaign.
As of now, they are placed 17th in the PL table, and have a single win all through this league season. They are conceding goals in huge numbers, and particularly so on the road.
Moreover, they also have a poor h2h record against this rival over the years, and considering all these observations, expect a win for Arsenal this Tuesday at their home.
Key Stats for Betting
- Arsenal are on an eight-fixture unbeaten streak, and seven of these were wins.
- They had scored twice or more in four of their past five fixtures, and thrice or more in three of these games.
- Their only defeat at home this season had come against European champions Chelsea.
- Meanwhile, Leeds have a total of two wins in their past 17 games. One of these victories had come against the newly-promoted Watford, while one had come against Crewe, from the lower divisions.
- The last they recorded an official win on the road was back in May.