Andorra vs England
World Cup Qualification Europe
Date: Saturday, 9 October 2021
Kick-off at 19:45 UK/ 20:45 CET
Venue: Estadi Nacional.
The English are comfortably at the top of the table, and they aim to secure a ticket to Qatar without much complications. This Saturday, against one of the worst teams in the world, Andorra, they easily are the favorites. Read our Preview, Predictions, and Betting Tips with Analysis.
Andorra vs England Head-to-head
- The latest encounter had ended in a 4-0 win for the English.
- They have a 100% winning record against this rival.
- They have a combined scorecard of 20-0 from the past five meetings between these two squads.
- The team has scored three or more goals in all but one match-up till now.
Key Stats for Betting
- England are ranked 3rd in the world, and they were finalists of the recently-concluded Euro 2020. Meanwhile, Andorra are 156th as per FIFA rankings.
- The Three Lions are at the top of the table with an unbeaten record. In fact, they have a 100% winning record barring a single draw.
- In the meantime, Andorra are second to last in standings, and they have a 100% losing record, barring a single fixture against the dead-last placed San Marino.
- The English have conceded the fewest number of goals in the group so far – just two from six match-ups.
- Disregarding San Marino (who are possibly the absolute worst team in the world), Andorra have the weakest offensive as well as defensive stats in Group I.
Andorra vs England Prediction & Analysis
Andorra lost 2-1 on the road the last match-day, against Hungary. In the meantime, the Three Lions were held to a 1-1 draw on the road by Poland.
As things stand, the English have a comfortable lead at top. But with four games remaining, they still need to put in the work to secure the lone direct-qualifying spot.
This is one of the fixtures where they could secure a win with comparatively minimal effort – considering that they are pitted against one of the worst teams in the world.
The Three Lions have a single loss to their name in the last 16 fixtures, and the defeat had come in the Euro 2020 Final against Italy – that too via penalties.
On the other hand, Andorra had lost 12 of their preceding 15 games, and they have won just thrice in total since June of 2017.
By the looks of things, expect a huge England win this weekend