Alaves vs Barcelona
Spain – La Liga
Date: Sunday, 23 January 2022
Kick-off at 20:00 UK/ 21:00 CET
Venue: Estadio Mendizorrotza.
Barca are in the race of their lives to qualify for the Champions League next season. They need to make sure of a top-four spot at any cost, and currently they are sitting in the sixth position.
However, they need a surplus of just one point to climb into the fourth spot, and the two teams just above them are going through poor stretch of performances.
This is the right time for Xavi’s men to make the push for a higher position in the table.
They also have the fortune of taking on one of the worst teams in the competition – Alaves. They are placed 18th in the table, right in the relegation zone. They have won just four times all through the campaign, and have been conceding goals in plenty all along.
On top of that, they also have a poor h2h record against the Catalans over the years.
For the reasons, expect a win for Barcelona this Sunday at the Estadio Mendizorrotza.
Alaves vs Barcelona Head-to-head (h2h)
- The Catalans are on a 11-game unbeaten streak.
- They had won nine of the past eleven fixtures.
- At this venue, the guests had won six of the past seven meetings.
- The visitors had scored a total of 21 goals from the last seven clashes at this stadium.
Alaves vs Barcelona Prediction & Analysis
Alaves lost 4-0 on the road the last match-day, against Betis. They are on an eight-game winless run, and they had lost four of their former six fixtures.
They also have a 100% winless record at home in 2021-22, barring just three wins. And two of these victories had come against the 20th placed Levante, and the 15th placed Elche.
On the other hand, Xavi’s men were held to a 1-1 draw by Granada on the road. They were also unbeaten in 15 of their last 17 overall games, and it’s been over months since they have lost on the road.
And importantly, they also have a superior h2h record against Alaves. Likely, expect a win for Barcelona this weekend.
Key Stats for Betting
- Barca are placed sixth in the table, and they have lost just four times all through the campaign.
- They are currently on a nine-fixture unbeaten streak, with their latest loss coming against Bayern Munich in the Champions League.
- Meanwhile, Alaves are on an eight-game winless run, and they had conceded four or more goals in two of their previous four matches.