AC Milan vs Roma
Italy – Serie A
Date: Thursday, 6 January 2022
Kick-off at 17:30 UK/ 18:30 CET
Venue: Stadio Giuseppe Meazza.
At one point, it looked as if AC Milan would be running away with the title. However, their form has declined quite a bit in the last few match-days, and they had to witness arch-rivals Inter taking a healthy lead at the top.
This has surely made the seven-time European champions desperate. They need some urgent points on the board.
However, they are pitted against Jose Mourinho’s Roma next – who are going through an inconsistent run, and are struggling with their defense a bit.
However, they have been finding the back of the net consistently, and have done that even on the road.
Going on, majority of h2h clashes over the years too have shown this same trend of goals coming in plenty.
By the looks of things, expect a high-scoring affair this Thursday at the Stadio Giuseppe Meazza.
AC Milan vs Roma Head-to-head (h2h)
- The latest encounter had ended in a 1-2 win for Milan.
- Four of the past five clashes had three or more goals.
- Since 2004, the hosts have kept a total of just two clean sheets at this ground.
- The last time these two locked horns at this ground, spoils were shared with a 3-3 scoreline.
AC Milan vs Roma Prediction & Analysis
Milan recorded a 2-4 win on the road the last match-day, against Empoli. They had scored two or more goals in three of their past six games, and only once have they failed to score at home since May of 2021.
On the other hand, Roma were held to a 1-1 draw the past game week, by Sampdoria. Before that, they were on a three-match winning streak, and they had also won six of their former nine games.
Going on, they had also scored two or more goals in five of their previous six road trips.
Taking into account these observations, as well as past h2h stats, expect a goal-fest this Thursday at the Stadio Giuseppe Meazza.
Key Stats for Betting
- AC Milan are placed second in the table, and they are one of the only two teams in the entire competition to have scored 40 or more goals.
- However, they have managed to keep a single clean sheet at home in the last games here.
- Meanwhile, Roma are on a four-match unbeaten run, and three of these were wins.
- They had scored a total of 10 goals from these four fixtures.