AC Milan vs Liverpool
UEFA Champions League
Date: Tuesday, 7 December 2021
Kick-off at 20:00 UK/ 21:00 CET
Venue: Stadio Giuseppe Meazza.
Liverpool have been in fine form this season, and despite this being termed as the group of death, they managed to secure the top-most spot by the end of the fourth match-day.
The fact that they already have secured their ticket to the knockouts is the only factor which gives the hosts AC Milan any hope. The Reds have nothing left to play for, and considering their hectic schedule in the Premier League, Jurgen Klopp might not field their best eleven.
As such, if Milan give it their best shot, they might be able to post the three points on the board, and thus secure the second position in the group.
By the looks of things, expect a fierce encounter.
However, the desperation of the Italians might backfire, especially against the in-form offense of the English squad. As such, the realistic outcome would be goals coming from both sides of the pitch this Tuesday.
AC Milan vs Liverpool Head-to-head (h2h)
- These two share a rich history in the Champions League. Liverpool had won the 2005 CL Final against this opponent, while the Italians avenged their loss in the 2007 CL Final.
- The latest meeting between the two had ended in a 3-2 win for the Reds at Anfield.
- Not once have Milan kept a clean sheet against this rival.
AC Milan vs Liverpool Prediction & Analysis
Milan recorded a crucial 0-1 win on the road the last match-day, against none other than Atletico Madrid. They had also scored two or more goals in three of the past five games, and they easily have been one of the best teams in the Serie A this season.
Offensively, they have been firing in all cylinders lately, and with this being a must-win game for them, expect a remarkable performance at the Stadio Giuseppe Meazza. Count on them to break through the defense of the Reds.
On the other hand, Klopp’s men have been one of the absolute best teams in the world this season, and they even have the luxury to play without nerves, as they have already ensured the first-place finish.
They had recorded a 2-0 win in their latest European game, against Porto, and they also have won every one of their CL matches this season.
By all means, expect them to take advantage of the desperation of the Italians. The 2018-19 European champions should be able to trouble the Italian backline all through the ninety minutes.
Likely, anticipate a high-scoring affair this Tuesday between the two.
Key Stats for Betting
- Liverpool are at the top of the table with a 100% winning record.
- They have scored the most number of goals in the group – 15 from just 5 games.
- Meanwhile, Milan have lost just against two teams at this venue since March. One of those teams were Atletico Madrid.
- Not once have the Italians failed to score at this venue this entire season in any competition.