AC Milan vs Lazio
Italy – Coppa Italia
Date: Wednesday, 9 February 2022
Kick-off at 20:00 UK/ 21:00 CET
Venue: Stadio Giuseppe Meazza.
Two heavyweights of Italian football take on each other this Wednesday to progress to the semis of Coppa Italia. And while sparks are surely expected, hosts AC Milan are deemed to have the upper hand.
They are high on confidence after inflicting a loss to arch-rivals and reigning Italian champions Inter just the last match-day, that too on the road.
They have also been in great form lately, and have maintained an impressive rate of scoring goals throughout this season.
Meanwhile, Lazio might be worse in comparison to their opponents for the day. But do note that they are still one of the best teams in Italy, and they have also consistently found the back of the net against this rival in h2h clashes over the years.
As such, expect AC Milan to have the edge this Wednesday at their home – but a clean sheet might be asking too much of them.
AC Milan vs Lazio Head-to-head (h2h)
- The latest encounter had ended in a 2-0 win for AC Milan.
- They had won three of the past four meetings.
- They had recorded five of the former seven overall wins.
- Two of the former three clashes at this stadium had three or more goals.
AC Milan vs Lazio Prediction & Analysis
Milan had won five of the past seven overall fixtures, and they have lost just once in the past two-month period.
They also need an additional one point to climb to the top of the league table, and will be determined to improve their form even more.
On the other hand, Lazio were winless in 11 of their former 18 games, and they have won just five times on the road since August of 2021.
And importantly, they also have struggled quite a bit against this rival in past h2h clashes.
Considering these observations, expect a win for AC Milan this Wednesday.
However, Lazio have seldom failed to score goals against this foe in h2h meetings, and though they are expected to have a tough outing this Wednesday, it’s doubtful if they would fail to find the back of the net at least once.
Key Stats for Betting
- AC Milan are placed third in the table, level on points with the second-placed Napoli, and trailing a single point below toppers Inter.
- Lazio are placed sixth in the table, and need a surplus of 13 points to climb to a podium position.
- Both these teams have scored the same number of goals in the league.