AC Milan vs FC Porto
UEFA Champions League
Date: Wednesday, 3 November 2021
Kick-off at 17:45 UK / 18:45 CET
Venue: Stadio Giuseppe Meazza.
Milan won 10 and drew 1 of the opening 11 rounds of the Serie A. They saw off Roma 1-2 on the road on Sunday evening to extend their marvelous run in the domestic league. However, Porto are anything but an easy nut to crack and we have plenty of reasons to expect a tight game on Wednesday evening at Stadio Giuseppe Meazza.
AC Milan vs FC Porto Head-to-head
- These two teams first met each other in the UEFA Super Cup game in August 2003.
- Milan celebrated a 1-0 victory on the occasion.
- Their second clash came two weeks ago on Portuguese soil where Porto claimed the same 1-0 victory.
- Luis Diaz made the difference netting the only goal of the match.
AC Milan vs FC Porto Predictions & Analysis
The fourth round clash against Porto will be the last train to catch for AC Milan. Anything but a victory leaves them with the slimmest of chances to progress form Group B.
The Rossoneri made an amazing start to the 2021/22 Serie A campaign but they have failed to translate the magnificent domestic form into the continental competition.
Milan have lost all three Champions League outings so far despite having the lead in the clashes against both Liverpool and Atletico Madrid in the opening two rounds.
It is fair to say that Stefano Pioli’s men have been unfortunate to get zero points from three Champions League affairs.
However, we also have to say that the Italian giants have been pretty poor in the previous round of the Champions League when they had no more than four attempts against Porto away at Estadio Do Dragao.
Porto will travel to Italy in much higher spirits. They are currently level on four points at the second place in the group with Atletico Madrid.
Sergio Conceicao’s troops are also doing great in Portuguese Primeira Liga where they’ve won eight and drawn two of the inaugural ten games of the season.
Key Stats for Betting
- Milan won 10 and drew 1 of 11 Serie A games but they have zero points after three Champions League rounds.
- None of two H2H games between these two sides saw two or more goals scored.
- Porto won eight and drew two of ten Primeira Liga matches this season.
- They have kept their net untouched in two of three Champions League outings this term