Lorient vs Paris Saint-Germain
France – Ligue 1
Date: Wednesday, 22 December 2021
Kick-off at 20:00 UK / 21:00 CET
Venue: Stade Yves Allainmat – Le Moustoir.
Lorient have the worst attacking record in the league with 14 goals in 18 outings so far in the season. They lost eight on the bounce across competitions and have nothing to hope for in the clash against the best team in the country.
Lorient vs PSG Head-to-head
- PSG won twelve consecutive clashes against Lorient before losing the very previous meeting in January this year (3-2 in Lorient).
- Lorient failed to find the back of the net in four of the last six encounters with PSG.
- PSG won only one of the last four H2H meetings with Lorient by at least two goals difference.
Lorient vs Paris Saint-Germain Predictions & Analysis
Paris Saint-Germain travel to Stade Yves Allainmat – Le Moustoir to take on the penultimate-placed Lorient in what should be an entirely one-sided contest in the 19th round of Ligue 1.
The gulf in quality and form between these two teams is massive at the moment and we would be shocked to see any other scenario but a comprehensive victory for the visitors here.
Mauricio Pochettino surprisingly used Kylian Mbappe in the first XI on Sunday evening against half-amateur side Feignies Aulnoye in the last 64 round of the French Cup.
The in-form French forward completed a brace in an easy 0-3 victory for the Parisians who kept on marching towards multiple domestic crowns.
PSG are as many as 13 points clear at the top of the Ligue 1 standings ahead of this 19th round clash against Lorient.
They should easily see off Lorient who are the most out-of-form team in the entire league at the moment.
Lorient dropped to second from bottom in the league ladder after a horrendous run of seven consecutive defeats in Ligue 1.
They also suffered an early French Cup elimination by falling 1-0 away at Rennes on Saturday.
Key Stats for Betting
- Paris Saint-Germain conceded only two goals in the last five games in all competitions.
- Paris Saint-Germain won each of the last three matches by at least two goals difference.
- Lorient scored only one goal in the last six outings across competitions.
- Lorient enter this tie off the back of eight subsequent defeats in all competitions.