Good news: No matter your age, your style, or your relationship with your dad, a good old-fashioned card is still the ultimate Father’s Day gift. It’s guaranteed to win him over and earn you plenty of brownie points, all without breaking the bank.
Of course, picking out a card is only half the battle. You’ve also got to decide what to, you know, write in the thing.
Luckily, you’re in the right place. Here, you’ll find tons of Father’s Day messages and wishes that any dad will appreciate. You might choose to keep things simple with a message like, “Dad, you’re my hero,” or lighten things up with a joke (“Dad, I love how we don’t even have to say out loud that I’m your favorite”).
Or you could go full-on, whip-out-the-tissues-level sentimental, like Ree Drummond did with her message to Ladd last year. “Happy Father’s Day to my father-in-law, whom I love, my own dad, whom I adore, and my husband Ladd, pictured here with our first child,” she wrote on Instagram. “Strong, protective, serious, introspective, in awe of his kids. And covered in dirt and sweat, but my babies never minded. Love you, Chuck, Dad, and Lad
Sweet Father’s Day Messages
- I’m so lucky to have you in my life. Happy Father’s Day!
- Today’s your day, Dad. Enjoy it, and know how loved you are!
- Dad, you’re my hero. Thanks for everything.
- Happy Father’s Day! You’re more than a father—you’re a friend. Thank you for all that you’ve done for me.
- I’m so proud to be your kid. Happy Father’s Day, Dad!
- Everyone always says they have the best dad in the world, but that can’t be right…because that man is right here with me. Cheers to you, Dad.
- Thank you for making growing up fun. I love you!
- I love talking to you, hanging out with you, and hearing your advice. Thankful for you every day, but especially today!
- Happy Father’s day to the coolest dad on the planet! Thanks for being you.
- Thank you for bringing love, acceptance, and joy into my life all these years. Happy Father’s Day, Dad!
- All of the lessons you’ve taught me over the years have added up to the wonderful life I’m living today.
- I’m grateful for you, Dad, and I’m not sure I’ll ever be able to pay you back for all that you’ve done for me. Happy Father’s Day!
- Thank you for giving me so many of my favorite memories.
- I wouldn’t be who I am today without you.
- To the best man I know: Happy Father’s Day! Enjoy every moment of this special day.
- Thanks for always having my back, Dad. I love you.
- One day just isn’t enough to tell you how much you mean to me.
Funny Father’s Day Messages
- Happy Great-Excuse-to-Go-Golfing Day!
- Dad, I love how we don’t even have to say out loud that I’m your favorite.
- Today’s about you, Dad! I hope you savor every moment of it. Because tomorrow, it’s back to being all about us—your kids.
- I’m sorry if I’ve driven you a little crazy over the years. Okay, a lot crazy. It’s just because I love you.
- The most important life lesson I’ve learned: When all else fails, call Dad.
- The man, the myth, the legend. Happy Father’s Day, Dad!
- It turns out you were right about everything, Dad. Happy Father’s Day!
- I love you, Dad—even if I never accept your friend request
- You’re the best dad ever. I mean, just look at how I turned out!
- I know raising me took patience…to say the least. Thank you for all of yours!
Father’s Day Messages for Grandpa
- We’re all thinking of you today, Grandpa. Happy Father’s Day!
- Happy Father’s Day to a man who’s as grand as can be!
- For everything you’ve done for me and all the love you share, I’m thankful. Happy Father’s Day, Grandpa!
- I hope you know how much you mean to me, Grandpa. Thank you for being an incredible dad and grandfather to our family!
- Thank you for providing our family with so much strength, comfort, and happiness. Thinking of you today!
- Enjoy this special day, and know that your whole crew is thinking of you!
- I hope your Father’s Day is full of peace, love, and joy. Sending you all my love today and always, Grandpa!
- It’s grand to have someone like you in our family! Happy Father’s Day Grandad!
- I admire the man you’ve been and the man you are. Thank you for teaching me what it is to lead a worthwhile life!
Father’s Day Messages for Your Husband
- You’ve done so much for this family, and today, we’re celebrating that. Thank you for everything!
- I hope you know how much I appreciate you, today and always. Happy Father’s Day!
- You’re an incredible dad and an even better partner.
- Thank you for going above and beyond every day. I love you!
- I’m so thankful to be able to share this journey of parenthood with you. Happy Father’s Day!
- Thank you for all you do for our family! We’re so lucky to have you in our lives.
- Happy Father’s Day to a wonderful dad and amazing husband. We love you so much!
- I’m so proud of the father you’ve become. I couldn’t have asked for more.
- You’re an incredible dad every day of the year, but I’m glad we can set aside today to celebrate you. Cheers to you.
Funny Happy Father’s Day Messages
Give your dad a good laugh on father’s day with a funny card message! These wishes poke fun at the father-child relationship and celebrate the joys and trials of raising children.
I’m so lucky to have you as my father… I’m sure no one else would have put up with me this long. Happy Father’s Day!
To the world’s greatest Dad from the world’s greatest kids, hope you have an amazing Father’s day!
You may not know everything but you sure had me fooled for quite a few years! Happy Father’s day to the smartest Dad in town.
Dad, you’ve always been the coolest. Like all those times you said “yes” when mom said “no.” Happy Father’s day, Cool Dad!
Fact: Dads are notoriously difficult to buy gifts for. Instead, just enjoy this card I made for you, and feel the joy of having me as your child. Happy Father’s day!
You know what they say: Real heroes don’t wear capes, they make bad puns. Thank you for being a real hero, Dad. Happy father’s day!
Happy Father’s day Dad! If you want, I’ll make a distraction so you can sneak off and get some gaming in. Cheers,
It takes an amazing dad to raise such a ridiculously great kid. Happy Father’s day Dad, I couldn’t have grown up to be so humble without you!
Thank you for all the piggy back rides, all the times you pretended to be a horse, and all the times you threw me into the air and caught me. Your body might be regretting it now, but it made for a wonderful childhood. Happy Father’s day Dad!
Happy father’s day to the raddest, most tubular, least square, ummm hippest… Hey Dad, Are any of these from your generation? Great fathers are timeless!
Wish I could be there to hang out with you on father’s day. But, on the bright side, you finally get some peace and quiet! Miss you and love you, Dad.
Happy Father’s Day Messages for 2021 | From a Distance
Coronavirus, stay-at-home orders, and social distancing measures have made 2021 a year to remember for all the wrong reasons. Maybe you live far away from your Dad and wouldn’t see him this father’s day, or maybe you would have visited had it not been for the restrictions? In this section you’ll find some short message ideas for your Dad to wish him a very happy day despite the circumstances of this year!
- Sending you all my love this Father’s day. We might be apart today, but you’re always in my heart. Take care and stay safe in these uncertain times. I miss you!
- This card is packed full of virus-free hugs and kisses just for you! I love you so very much and miss you enormously! I hope you have a very happy Father’s day despite this lock-down, and that I can see you again soon.
- Happy Father’s day Dad! We might be separated today but one day I will get to see you again and it’s going to be the best catch up ever! May you keep strong, stay safe, and take care of yourselves. I miss you!
- Happy Father’s Day to my amazing Dad! Although we’re far apart, you’re always in my thoughts and prayers. I love you and miss you more than words can say.
- Father and child are never truly apart, maybe in distance but never in heart. I miss you every day Dad, but know you are with me in spirit. I love you and hope you have a great day!
- Sending you all my love across the miles. Have a great Father’s day!
- Have a great Father’s day today Dad! I’m really looking forward to spending time together when we can next catch up.
- Happy Father’s day to my incredible, amazing, wonderful Papa! I miss you and can’t wait to see you again one day
Religious Happy Father’s Day Messages & Bible Verses
In this section you’ll find some Christian-themed message ideas for what to write in a father’s day card message, plus beautiful bible verses and quotes too.
God knew just what He was doing when He made you my Dad! Thank you for guiding me through life. Happy Father’s day.
I feel so blessed to have a Dad like you! Thank you for everything you do.
On this Father’s day, I pray that your day is filled with joy and peace, and I give thanks to God for all that you bring to my life.
Today I ask God to bless you with every kind of joy. Happy Father’s day!
When I count my blessings, I count you twice! Happy Father’s day to my wonderful dad, I love you.
And here are some beautiful blessings and verses to include in a greeting card to your Dad.
The LORD bless you and keep you; the LORD make his face shine on you and be gracious to you; the LORD turn his face toward you and give you peace. Numbers 6:24-26
May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13
Children are a heritage from the Lord, offspring a reward from him. Psalm 127:3
Children’s children are a crown to the aged, and parents are the pride of their children. Proverbs 17:6
Here are some beautiful bible father’s day quotes for new dads or dads who may be struggling, providing encouragement in difficult circumstances and for when they are anxious.
Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7
Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28
Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous be shaken. Psalm 55:22
For I am the Lord your God who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you. Isaiah 41:13
For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline. 2 Timothy 1:7
Even to your old age and gray hairs I am he, I am he who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you. Isaiah 46:4
These next bible quotes for Father’s day are about parenting, and the role of a father in raising his children. They are advice to children, but reflect how the wisdom of a father influences a child throughout their life-time, and we can give thanks to our Dad for the role he has played in raising us.
Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins. 1 Peter 4:8
Honor your father and your mother, as the Lord your God has commanded you, so that you may live long and that it may go well with you in the land the Lord your God is giving you. Deuteronomy 5:16
Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. Proverbs 19:20
Listen, my son, to your father’s instruction and do not forsake your mother’s teaching. They are a garland to grace your head and a chain to adorn your neck. Proverbs 1:8-9
Listen to your father, who gave you life, and do not despise your mother when she is old. Buy the truth and do not sell it – wisdom, instruction and insight as well. The father of a righteous child has great joy; a man who fathers a wise son rejoices in him. May your father and mother rejoice; may she who gave you birth be joyful! Proverbs 23:22-25
My son, keep your father’s command and do not forsake your mother’s teaching. Bind them always on your heart; fasten them around your neck. When you walk, they will guide you; when you sleep, they will watch over you; when you awake, they will speak to you. Proverbs 6:20-22
Listen, my son, accept what I say, and the years of your life will be many. I instruct you in the way of wisdom and lead you along straight paths. When you walk, your steps will not be hampered; when you run, you will not stumble. Hold on to instruction, do not let it go; guard it well, for it is your life. Proverbs 4:10-13
Happy Father’s Day Messages From Daughter
The relationship between a father and his daughter is a precious and special one, and father’s day is a great time to thank your dad for all he does for you and let him know just how much you love and care about him.
Every girl dreams about living the life of a princess. I have never dreamed of that because I have always been treated like a princess by you. I love you Dad. Happy Father’s day.
Happy Father’s Day from your little princess. I love you Dad!
All my life, I’ve been lucky to have the best dad. Now, I count myself doubly lucky, since my child gets to have the best granddad. Happy father’s day dad, we love you!
To the best taxi driver, the most effective spider hunter, the cheapest handyman, and the most generous bank I know. Thank you for being the best Dad! Happy Father’s day!
1. The one who is there for you no matter what and who wants his little girl to grow up happy.
2. The one who conspires with you to hide broken stuff from Mom.
3. The one who gives great advice.
4. He protects you, calls you ridiculous nicknames, and makes you laugh.
5. The most amazing person in the world.
See also: Superman, Best Friend
It doesn’t matter how many years go by. In my mind, you’ll always be that same amazing person who taught me how to ride a bike, helped me with my homework, and scared away the monsters in my room. Happy father’s day Dad, thanks for being awesome!
Happy Father’s Day Messages From Son
Let your dad know just how great you think he is with one of these father’s day message ideas. From heartfelt to funny, they try to capture some of the magic of the relationship between a son and his dad.
Dad, you’re someone to look up to no matter how tall I’ve grown. Thanks for being such a great mentor and buddy. Happy Father’s day!
Some people call their fathers superheroes. But superheroes tend to disappear, and you’ve always been there for me. If you ask me, my dad isn’t a superhero, he is a Super Dad! Have a great Father’s day!
You always told me that I can do the impossible, if only I tried hard enough. That’s why I can live the amazing life I do. You inspire me to be brave enough to achieve my goals. Happy father’s day dad, and thank you for everything you do!
Hey Dad, I got a present for you. I stole your To-Do list from Mom. All you need to do is rip it up. Just don’t tell mom, okay? Happy Father’s day!
Dad, you’re the first person I phone when I have a question about something or when I need some good advice. Thanks for always being there for me!
Now I’m a father myself, I admire you all the more! Thanks for being such a great dad and role model, and now a wonderful grandfather too! Have a great day!
Happy Father’s Day Messages To Husband
A collection of happy father’s day wishes to write to your husband or the father of your children on father’s day, thanking them for what they do for your family, how much you appreciate them, and what a great dad they are!
Happy Father’s Day to my dear husband, the father of our beautiful children and the love of my life.
Thank you for everything you do each day for our family, we are so lucky to have you!
What a crazy ride, so glad that we’re in this together! Happy Father’s day!
We love you so much, you’re the best daddy and the best husband! Happy Father’s day.
You have given our children someone to look up to and admire. You are such a fantastic father and I love you so very much. Happy father’s day!
Our kids think you’re superman. And they’re absolutely right about that. Happy Father’s day!
May all the love you give to our family come back to you on this special day. Happy Father’s day!
It takes a man of gentleness, patience, strength, and compassion to set the fine example of fatherhood that you have. Happy father’s day to my handsome Husband and the sweet Father of my children.
Happy father’s day to the coolest dad, most loving husband, and most amazing person in the world! You never stop making us smile. Every day is a better with you in it. Thank you for all the fun!
Happy father’s day to my husband, the father of my children, and the provider of the family. Thanks for devoting your life to our happiness and wellbeing.
The only thing better than having you as my husband is our children having you as their dad. Happy father’s day Love!
Happy Father’s Day Wishes for your Grandfather
Father’s day is a great excuse to get in touch with your grandfather, and thank him for the wisdom, guidance, fun and adventure he’s brought to your life over the years!
It is said that “A grandfather is someone with sliver in his hair and gold in his heart.” Precious and special, just like you! Happy Father’s day.
A baby has a way of making a man out of his father and a boy out of his grandfather.
~ Angie Papadakis
Grandpa, thank you for making my childhood unforgettable. I miss you and hope we can see you soon. Happy Father’s day!
Wishing you a fabulous father’s day today Grandpa, you really are a top pops!
Granddad you’re the best! Have a great day today.
One of the greatest joys in my life is having a visit with you Grandpa, and I hope I can see you again soon. Happy Father’s day!
Granddad, when I count my blessings I count you twice. Thank you for all the wisdom, guidance, and fun you bring to my life. Happy Father’s day!
Happy Father’s Day Messages for your Father-in-law
Thank your father-in-law for the support and love he’s shown you since you married his son or daughter by writing him a lovely and heart-felt father’s day card message.
I’m so grateful for all your guidance and wisdom, you really are the best father-in-law! Happy Father’s day!
I am so lucky to have you as my father-in-law. Thanks for being so wonderful!
You’ve always made me feel like part of the family, thank you for all your support and love. I hope you have a wonderful father’s day today.
I feel so lucky to have you as my father-in-law. Thanks for being a great friend, and the best father-in-law anyone could wish for. Happy Father’s day!
Feeling blessed today that God chose you to be my father-in-law and grandfather to our children. Happy Father’s day to a great Pops!
Happy Father’s Day Wishes for New Dads
This Father’s Day poem is super sweet and the perfect message for a new dad on their first Father’s Day.
Happy Father’s Day, Daddy,
I have a present for you.
No, it’s not in my diaper,
But that needs changing, too!
I have a poem to let you know
How lucky Mommy and I are
Because when it comes to daddies
You really are a star!
Thanks for taking care of me
With cuddles and silly songs.
Thanks for settling me back to sleep,
The nights they can be long
One day I’ll be big like you,
And strong and smart and brave.
But while I’m little I want to say
Happy First Father’s Day!
And here are some short father’s day greetings for a new dad you could write in a card or text message to celebrate this special occasion.
Congratulations on becoming a daddy, you’re off to a brilliant start. Enjoy your first father’s day today!
May your first fathers day be filled with cuddles and fun, and a bit of sleep too! Happy Father’s day!
Happy first father’s day Daddy! I may be little but I love you so much already!
Happy first father’s day daddy! You’re doing a great job, I’m so lucky God chose you for my dad!
There are also some beautiful bible verses for new dads here if you want to give reassurance and encouragement to any new Christian fathers you know.
Happy Father’s Day Message for Father-to-be
Know someone who is about to become a new dad? Wish them well with one of these short Father’s day wishes for fathers-to-be!
Not long now! Happy father’s day to one very special soon-to-be daddy!
Happy Father-to-be day! Your little baby is so lucky they’re getting you as their dad!
Happy almost Father’s day to an amazing papa in the making! We’re so excited that you’ll be meeting your baby very soon!
Just think, this time next year you’ll be holding a little bundle of joy in your arms! Congratulations and happy Father’s day to a wonderful dad-to-be!
Happy father’s day to one super excited almost-daddy! We can’t wait to meet your new baby soon and see you rock this dad thing! Good luck!
Happy Father’s Day Wishes for Someone Like a Father
These next messages are for a father-figure, your Godfather, or a mentor in your life who you would like to acknowledge on Father’s day.
You’ve been like a father to me and I just wanted to take a moment to thank you for the love and wisdom you’ve given me, and to let you know how much I appreciate your guidance and support.
Thanks for all that you do, you’re an amazing Godfather and you’ve made such a big difference in my life.
Thank you for all the wonderful things you do to help me grow and reach my potential, I am so grateful that I have you as a mentor in life.
Thank you for being such an important influence in my life, I truly appreciate your support and guidance.
Thank you for being my role-model and the best father I never had!
*New* Printable Father’s Day Cards
Free printable Father’s Day cards in high quality PDF format that you can print and fold at home to give to your dad. They’re really handy when you can’t get to the store, and your Dad gets a special card made just for him