Arsenal and Chelsea could reportedly be about to do some business together, though it’s not precisely clear yet what that will be.
See below as the reliable Gregory Ioannidis claims the two London rivals are exploring the possibility of a deal, suggesting some initial talks have taken place.
He does not actually stress that this will be to do with player transfers, but some other sources have since followed up by claiming it could be a swap deal…
Various reports that Chelsea are interested in a swap deal with Arsenal involving Matteo Guendouzi
Arsenal are said to be interested in Tammy Abraham, Hudson Odoi or N’Golo Kante
Who would you swap with Chelsea for Guendouzi? Tell us below
🚨 Various reports that Chelsea are interested in a swap deal with Arsenal involving Matteo Guendouzi 🇫🇷
Arsenal are said to be interested in Tammy Abraham 🏴, Hudson Odoi 🏴 or N’Golo Kante 🇫🇷 in return 💥
Who would you swap with Chelsea for Guendouzi? Tell us below 👇 pic.twitter.com/ZqFu2Xes4K
— Only Arsenal (@OnlyArsenalAFC) September 21, 2020
It remains to be seen how this will develop, but it seems like one to keep an eye on for fans of both clubs.
Chelsea certainly look in need of more strengthening, particularly in defence, after a disappointing showing in their 2-0 home defeat to Liverpool at the weekend.
Arsenal are also far from the finished article despite a good start to the campaign and a solid transfer window under Mikel Arteta.
Check the Reactions Here
- Sources are saying that Tammy Abraham, Hudson-Odoi, Kante & Kovacic among those Chelsea players that Arsenal looking for. A swap deal should be with Guendouzi. ASSdoi is defo a no but id take either Tammy or Kante. But if its Kante that means no Partey
- If Arsenal is planning to make any sort of swap deal with Chelsea it has to be to bring in a midfielder.
- So @Arsenal went from sacking Cagigao to wanting to engage in shameful swap deal with @ChelseaFC Which good player are we going to get? No Aouar or Partey, let’s use whatever we have and still miss out on Champions league next season again. Edu, Arteta feeling like super agents.
- Something really uncomfortable with arsenal and chelsea so easily discussing transfers and swap deals between them call me old fashioned but I prefer the time when rival clubs would never consider doing business together never see city and united swapping players just seems odd
- Apparently Guendouzi has handed in a transfer request, according to L’Equipe, so he could be the Arsenal player that is a part of this rumoured swap deal with Chelsea
- BREAKING: Arsenal and Chelsea have negotiated a swap deal between hosts with Robbie from AFTV heading down to Stamford Bridge and Sophie from 100% Chels turning up at the Emirates. The deal has been much to the delight of all gooners, not so much for Chelsea fans.