BREAKING: Sanwo-Olu Announces Reopening of Tertiary institutions Sept 14

Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babajide Sanwo-Olu has ordered the full resumption of tertiary institutions across the state on Monday, September 14, after about six months shutdown occasioned by the outbreak of ravaging COVID-19 pandemic. Sanwo-Olu, however, fixed a tentative resumption date for Primary and Secondary schools on

Sanwo-Olu swears-in Governing Councils for Lagos tertiary institutions Recall that as part of precautionary measures to stop the spread COVID-19, Sanwo-Olu on March 19, 2020, ordered the closure of all public and private schools from Monday, 23rd March 2020.

 

Governor Sanwo Olu announces resumption date for tertiary institutions in  Lagos State

 

He said as such, tertiary institutions in Lagos were now allowed to resume on 14 September, 2020.

The governor added that primary and secondary schools in the State would now open September 21, adding that the decision was subject to review.

Sanwo-Olu said the government had expected that the curve would flatten by August and that in the last two weeks, the state had continued to record drop in infections.

He also said restaurants were permitted to open for e-dining service and must ensure 50 percent maximum occupancy, while social clubs and recreation centres that had register with the government could open.

The governor, however, said event centres, lounges, gyms, spars and others would still remain close, but noted that a date would be agreed upon for their resumption in September.

Sanwo-Olu announces date for resumption of Lagos schools | Newsdiaryonline

“We sympathise with businesses in hospitality sector, such as event centres, lounges, gyms, spas; we will review their reopening in September and agree to a date to reopen them once the airports are open. It is just a little more time.

“All civil servants in Lagos State must comply with the guidelines, all cannot come in now. As government, we will continue to keep you inform. These are challenging time for all of us,” he said.

Sanwo-Olu added that four isolation centres had been closed as their were no more cases, saying that three were still in operational.

Leave a Reply